OH MY GOSH!!! The school is almost over, I can't believe it! It really flew by! However fast this year went, I still had a year filled to the brim with laughs, tears, drama, and countless hours in my room with textbooks and a pencil. Being in middle school may be the world of drama, but it's also about finding yourself and having a good time before you have to worry about college. This year had its ups and downs, but it was DEFINITELY better than 6th grade! So here's some of my favorite and worst moments of my seventh grade year!
Ok, so in pre-school through sixth grade, you are nothing but a small child, who gets to do NOTHING! Once you hit seventh grade, though, you are officially entering the world of teenagers, FINALLY!!! Maybe at first, on my thirteenth birthday, it didn't seem any different, but after a while, you really become a teen! Yeah, your emotions are completely out of control, but you get to do so much more! Yes, that includes more responsibilities, but with those, come FREEDOM!!! Ok, maybe not total freedom, but at least some! One thing I get to do is be left alone for awhile at the movies and Schlitterbahn. I love ya Mom, but I need my space! I also heard from my mom by hinting that I MIGHT get to wear makeup...YES! That is some of my freedoms for the moment, I can't wait until more freedom!
So after a while during the year, basketball season began to creep up. Now I was a little nervous when tryouts came up. Ok, maybe not a little, A LOT!!! You see, I didn't get to play a whole lot last year. I was lucky if I even got to play more than my two minutes. However, after last year's season, I played on a select team, so I learned a lot more and improved my skills. So this year, not only did I play more, I was a STARTER!!! Oh my gosh, I was so excited, I had gone to the bench warmer of the year to a starter! Thanks coach for letting me play!! So we played the season, and we did okay, and then the last tournament of the season. I was so nervous, and it did not help that half our girls were hurt or sick. So I played a whole lot of the first game, and I did pretty good! When we were finally out of the tournament, sadly we didn't win, then came the moment of MVP for our team. I was so nervous, I had always wanted MVP! Then they called my name, and AHHHH! I was so excited it was rediculous!! However, I didn't look that excited because well, I had just played like two or three games in a row. Now that was a great middle school moment!
Last year I was the nerd with braces. Yup, I had those disgusting pieces of metal glued to my teeth. Yeah, maybe everyone had or has them, but I personally hated them. Then came the day when, YES, I GOT THEM OFF! It was one of my favorite days of seventh grade. No more pretending I was following all the rules about what not to eat, (I actually broke all the rules...) or having to constantly look in a mirror to see if a piece of food got stuck in your bracket. I am finally free! Even though I had to wear the horrible retainer for EVER, I don't even have to wear that during the day now! So if you're reading this and you have those horrible things orthidontists call braces, don't worry, one day THEY WILL COME OFF! Then you can eat all the candy you want and not have your mom or dad get mad at you for breaking ANOTHER bracket.
Okay, so I had some good times during my seventh grade year, but there were also the not so good times. For instance, in case you weren't here last year, we a teacher or two who decided work wasn't the top priority. Well, this year was a whole lot different, I can tell you that. We had teachers who actually TAUGHT us something. I was happy to know we were actually going to LEARN something. Then came the homework. I know learning and homework are really good for you and everything, but lets have a reality check here. I'm a teenager, teenagers and homework don't really mix that well. I promise you, I think Mt. Homework was placed in my bedroom night after night. Although we had tons of it, and spending late nights at the table with a book, I still want to thank the teachers for actually teaching us, even though I may hate homework. So thank you!
Last year, as you may have heard, could be described in one five letter word, drama. Yep, it was a pretty bad year. This year I knew it was going to get better, I mean how could it possibly get worse? Well maybe this year it did get a WHOLE lot better, but it still had its drama. Of course every school is going to have its drama, but since we are such a small school, gossip travels VERY fast. It's basically like if you don't want the whole school to know about it, don't tell anyone, keep it to yourself. Even though this year has definately had its gossip and drama, I still enjoyed it.
Well, I've told you some of my ups and downs of seventh grade, but there's only one more thing I have to complain about. Then I promise, I will be done. Ugggh, Yes summer is only a week away, but guess what? Finals are standing in the way of freedom. Yes, they come twice a year after each semester, and boy, do I hate those things! Yeah, I can deal with the classwork, the homework, and yes, even the tests, but I don't know if I can handle finals. The mid-year finals were okay because it was only over stuff of half a year. This is a whole year of learning we're talking about here, though. Some of the finals will be fine, though, because their just going to be a chapter test, not over the WHOLE year. Science, however, is going to be over the whole, entire year, and that class is hard as it is! I may stress out a lot this week, but I'll live, I'm not that worried, only one more week of school!
So there you have it. My whole seventh grade year crammed into eight little paragraphs. Okay, maybe not my WHOLE year, but some of my highs and lows of this year. Wow, now that I look back on it, this was a pretty hectic year. It had its major ups and downs, like a rollercoaster. With the drama, gossip, the mountains of homework, friends, and the totally immature moments, I'd say this was a good, but very eventful year. I'm sad to see the year go, but I'm also excited about the year that's coming on! I'm finally going to be in eighth grade, and then, highscool, but that's not for a while. Well, thanks for reading about my fantastic year of seventh grade!
Roll out those....
16 years ago
















Great intro.! I really like your new background and your picture of Chancho!
ReplyDelete~Mrs. A
awesome!! i love it
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing so many of your seventh grade experiences with all of us! I learned alot about you I didn't know before...Yea! Well done, Hannah.
ReplyDelete~Mrs. A
P.S. Glad you like the idea of work in school!