~POLL OF THE WEEK!~ What are you going to do this summer?

My favorite thing of the week!

My favorite thing of the week!
CHANCHO!!! He's my cutest little puppy ever!

Thursday, May 13, 2010


The car had an awkward air about it that night. No one said a word, until Mom broke the ice. She said, "Honey, what you did today was very stupid and you could have gotten hurt!" Wait a minute, you're probably a little confused, so I'll back up a little bit. Hi, my name is Macey, and I am currently a seventeen-year-old junior in high school. Okay, now that you know that, I can start my story.
My friends and I had been hanging out at the local amusement park the entire day. It was about two o' clock, and we began to make our way to the roller coasters. As we reached the rides, we all stopped dead in our tracks and formed perfect little o's with our mouths, as we stared at the monster before us. It was the new "Terminator" with the top speed of 97 miles per hour, thirteen loops in a row, and an dip of 150 feet, almost completely vertical. To top it all off, the whole thing was made completely of wood that swayed in the wind, not an inch of metal on the whole thing!
After staring at the coaster, my friends and I immeadiately began talking.
"Is it safe?"
"Oh my gosh! We have to ride it!"
"I wonder how long the line is..."
After a couple minutes of that, Marissa said," Oh my gosh, one time I was watching this show, and this guy rode down a roller coaster on a bike! Wouldn't it be insane if someone did that on the "Terminator"?"
All of us agreed, and jokingly suggested that one of us should do it. Then Rebecca, the crazy one, told me,"You know Macey, I really think you should do ride a bike down it! It would be so awesome, we could video tape it too! Besides, Marissa's uncle's cousin owns the park, I'm sure he'd let us in the park after hours! Plus, if you don't chicken out, I promise, I will do all your homework for a month!"
Now that was a little tempting, but I immeadiately shot down the dare. There was a lot of commotion after me being SMART, and Lisa even said she would give me fifty bucks! Marissa also assured me that no one would be there, and her uncle's cousin would totally let us stay after the park closed. I don't know what made me do it, but I finally agreed. It was probably because I had just seen a really cute purse for around fifty dollars, and I REALLY hate homework. I don't know, it could have been peer pressure.
So there I was, at the top of the world, (roller coaster) feeling the wind whip my hair around, as I was about to make my life or death descent. My hands were numb and my mind was blank as I stood upon the ride, on my little sister's bike. I was about to fly down the tracks, when I hear on a megaphone, "Macey Anna Streety, what do you think you are doing?!" It was my mom. How did she know? Well, anyway, I got down, (not by riding my bike!) and explained the whole situation to Mom. She was not pleased, I can tell you that. So I said goodbye to my friends, and walked to the car where we would discuss my doom.
After we had been driving along the road for a while, I noticed that the car had an awkward air about it that night. No one had said a word, until Mom broke the ice. She said," Honey, what did today was very stupid, and you could have gotten hurt! I think that you truly deserve a punishment. Do you believe the same, Dave?" My dad mumbled something that sounded like a "Sure," so my mom continued,"Macey, I am going to ground you for two months, including no cell phone, television, or computer, and I don't want to hear any complaining!" I didn't complain, I knew I deserved it. So we drove home, and I had to hand over my precious little phone. This was going to be a long two months.



1 comment:

  1. Hannah, you found a hilarious picture! I wonder if it is real or if it's been altered to look real! Great story!
    ~Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete